LAAC's Outreach Coordinator provides the following:
1) Weekly visits to Andalusia Regional Hospital and Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
2) Bi-monthly visits to the Children's Rehab Center where regional doctors travel to our area to treat orthopeadic and neurological patients. Our art instructor also leads simple art projects for all the children in the waiting room.
Benefits of the Program:
- Helps build fine motor skills, dexterity, socialization opportunities
- Patients delight in the opportunity to display their artwork and show their families what they were able to achieve, thus building self-confidence which is an integral part of the healing process.
- Emotionally uplifting, especially for patients dealing with heavy illnesses
- Always a source of joy, fun, laughter and sharing for the patients